There are few experiences more thrilling than finding the perfect piece of clothing to tie into a new outfit. The lost time and stress that comes from an unsuccessful shopping trip is maddening, which is why having all those hours end up in success feels so exciting.
Fortunately, there are also tons of tools that will help you find, coordinate, and buy the perfect outfit in record time. Here’s a list of the best fashion apps for your phone, including one-stop budget shoppers, vintage assistants, and apps that offer you deals on top designer brands.
Do you hate spending hours online looking for the perfect outfit? Have you ever spotted a piece of clothing in a picture, and desperately wanted to know where you could find that item (or a cheaper version of it)?
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you need to download LIKEtoKNOW.it. It’s a fashion app that analyzes the items in a photo so you can find those items for sale online. Then you can buy the look for yourself.
Some additional points you should know about this app:
- Once you join, you can find and follow influencers.
- Hashtags are grouped by price point, style, and product category. If you “like” an item through the app, that item will show up in your My Likes section, so you can shop for it at a later date.
- On your profile page, you can choose who to follow, manage your screenshots, or look into becoming an influencer yourself.
This is one of the most useful fashion apps you can try, with a wide range of styles and price points for a variety of different budgets. Alternatively, if you’re looking for other “style-hunting” shopping assistants, check out some women’s fashion and style apps to help you find the right outfit.
Wish is another easy recommendation in this category. It’s a one-stop-shop for buying nearly everything you can image, including clothes.
Wish is not a fashion-specific app, but you can use it to shop for fashion by going to its Fashion section. The items featured here are usually affordable. In terms of style, the clothing on offer falls into casual or street looks.
Some other aspects to note:
- When you create an account, you can customize your feeds to your interests.
- You can either sign up for Wish right away, or skip signing up to browse as a guest (if you’re still unsure about joining).
Give this app a look if you’re looking for an easy way to buy fast, affordable fashion.
Poshmark is another great fashion app that you can use for shopping. Overall, the app’s focus is a combination of steep designer sales and reseller vibes.
Poshmark allows you to buy and sell clothes, but it has an additional angle of being a social media site centered around shopping. When you first sign up, it allows you to enter your shoe and dress size to customize your feed. You can follow brands and brand ambassadors, too.
A few key points to know:
- The news feed resembles a cross between Facebook and Instagram. It contains a collection of comments, offers, likes, share notifications, and account updates.
- In the shopping section of the app, you can shop by brands, likes, different styles of fashion, or different types of fashion.
In all, this app is solid if you’re looking for an all-around shopping assistant that has a social media edge.
Do you have a love for vintage clothing or the resale fashion scene? Depop is a nifty app that allows you to shop for sneakers, streetwear, and vintage threads. Essentially, this app allows its users to buy and sell previously owned goods.
Through Depop, you can:
- Follow influencers and friends.
- Message sellers before, during, and after a purchase, or inquire about any item.
- You can also get personalized recommendations by selecting styles and brands to follow.
- Additionally, you can input your size and what kind of clothing you’re looking for (i.e. men’s or women’s) to narrow your feed further.
- Whenever you buy or sell an item, you can also give or receive reviews.
It’s a great little fashion app for anyone who wants to look unique on a budget.
Gilt is another high-profile fashion app that allows you to shop for top designer brands at “up to 70 percent off.” With a focus on high-end fashion, Gilt allows you to search for more upscale styles, while simultaneously locating deep discounts.
If you have champagne taste but a modest budget, then this app is essential.
Looking for a truly extravagant app to fit with your lifestyle? Then you need to download Net-a-Porter: a fashion app that brings you “new arrivals from the world’s leading brands.”
Net-a-Porter combines this shopping experience with news on the latest looks and fashion advice. Out of all the fashion apps we’ve tried, this one is the most user-friendly, complete with a customer service option. You also have the ability to sign up as a user or browse the app as a guest, which is a feature that few of the other apps offer.
When you first open the app, you’ll see several different pages that you can explore:
- The Home page is a collection of styling advice, app-related updates, and editorials.
- You can shop by designers, clothing type, or occasion.
- When you tap Get the look on any photoshoot in the app, it takes you to a recommendations section with similar items, so you can shop the look yourself.
- Whenever you click on an item you potentially want to buy, each sale page has a ton of information on the sizing and cleaning care of that piece of clothing, to put your mind at ease.
While a joy to use, this app is only suited for shoppers who have the money to match their high-end tastes. The items sold here are not cheap. If you prefer, you can shop through Net-a-Porter’s website, too.
Shop for the Next Best Look With These Fashion Apps
Once you download one (or all) of these apps, try them out to hunt for the perfect look. However, finding the perfect clothing is not the only fashion-oriented task you need to worry about—what about shoes?
To complete your look, read up on the best sites to design your own custom shoes online.
Read the full article: The 6 Best Fashion Apps for iPhone and Android